Key points for contributors
- Please contact us before writing an article to ensure we are able to publish it.
- Due to its size, the publication is sometimes mistaken as a journal. But it is in fact a magazine! And because it is a magazine, it aims to give a complete overview of a particular topic in a comprehensive, easy to understand fashion. We ask contributors to bear this in mind when preparing articles.
- Readers include ENT specialists, audiologists, hearing healthcare professionals and related specialists, oral and maxillofacial consultants, SLTs, ENT nurses, voice scientists, etc. Again, we ask contributors to bear in mind this broad readership base when preparing submissions.
- Please be conscious that many readers live outside the UK and English is not their first language. As a magazine, the ‘impact factor’ of ENT & Audiology News links to its huge global readership.
- We endeavour to maintain complete impartiality towards any specific company, product or service, and as such we cannot accept any editorial content which is deemed to be overly promotional and self-serving.
Feature article requirements
- Generally 800-1200 words but exact length will be given when article is invited.
- Short and concise, as your title will be used as a link when feature is in digital format.
- 2-4 figures / images / illustrations
- Please email images as .jpg files at minimum 300dpi.
- Please include captions
- All images should be originals. If images have been reproduced from other publications/sources please ensure you have permission to use them from the original publishers.
- Up to 5 references
- Can be a blend of journals, websites, You Tube, twitter, other media.
- References should be indicated in the text like this  and appear at the end of sentences only.
- References to be in following format: Noroozian M, Cohan RH, Caoili EM, et al. Multislice CT urography: state of the art. Journal of Radiology 2004;77:74-86.
EXTRA INFORMATION FOR ONLINE VERSION
- Please send appropriate links/videos etc which we can upload to our website with the digital version of the article.
- Head and shoulders photo for each author
- Full name, post-nominal initials, current post held and place of work
- Your email, website, blog and twitter accounts
- The title/outline of an article will be agreed between the Editor and contributor.
- The article will be scheduled to appear either in a print issue or on our website as an ‘online exclusive’ but no guarantees can be given in this respect.
- The contribution is non-remunerable.
- The Editor reserves the right to alter or amend the contribution. Should any amendments result in drastic alterations to the article the Editor will return the article for reconsideration by the contributor.
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding. No undue correspondence will be entered into.
- Pinpoint Scotland Ltd is unable to cover any reproduction charges for figures previously published elsewhere.
- Pinpoint Scotland Ltd reserve the right to feature any editorial contribution, including photographs, on their current or future websites, digital versions and social media platforms.
General editorial queries should be sent to:
Francesca McCabe, Editorial Co-ordinator:
ENT & Audiology News, 9 Gayfield Square, Edinburgh, EH1 3NT, UK
Tel: +44 (0)131 322 5985