Hearing Health & Technology Matters (HHTM), an online resource for hearing professionals and consumers with hearing loss, has announced a call for submissions for the third annual Hearing Technology Innovator Awards™.
Through the annual awards programme, HHTM honours technological innovation and achievement in the hearing industry.
“Today more than ever before, the future of hearing healthcare hinges on innovation and competitiveness,” said the 2022 Awards Programme Chair, Jerry DeRosa. “The Hearing Technology Innovator Awards recognise the companies and products that lead rather than follow.”
This year’s awards will be conferred in eight categories:
- Hearing Aids
- Personal Listening Devices
- Assistive Technology and Software
- Service Delivery
- Auditory Implants
- Hearing Conservation
Following closure of the submission period, nominees will be put up for a public vote in September. The overall Innovator of the Year winner will be determined by an international panel of judges, using the following criteria:
- Innovation – Technology that represents novel thinking in addressing habilitation of acquired hearing loss, its treatment and delivery.
- Effectiveness - Technological advances that best address limitations of previous generations of technology
- Efficiency – Advances that best close the distance between hearing care and the end-user
- Utility – Innovation that promotes greater ease of use by the end-user and/or practitioner
Winners will be announced during the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), AuDacity 2022 conference in Grapevine, Texas on 20-23 October 2022.
Since launching the awards programme in 2020, HHTM has raised thousands of dollars for non-profits, including the Hearing Loss Association of America and the Hearing Health Foundation. With the programme now in its third year, the company plans to raise its fundraising goal even higher – aiming to raise $10,000 for charity in 2022.
Companies can submit their products here. The deadline is 31 July 2022.