Submissions for oral and poster presentation abstracts and instructional sessions are now open for BACO 2020 (taking place at the ICC in Birmingham, 8-10 July). All submissions must be made via the BACO 2020 website, where you can also find information on how to submit
The oral and poster presentations and instructional sessions constitute an excellent opportunity for those working in the field of ENT to share their research with a wide audience of interested and highly knowledgeable peers from across the UK and around the world. Prizes will be awarded for the best oral and poster presentations.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 23.00 (GMT) on Wednesday 11 December 2019. Authors of accepted abstracts must attend the conference as delegates and are encouraged to register as early as possible to ensure a place. The best way to do this is by using the early-bird registration scheme: registration opens on 13 September 2019, and the early-bird scheme closes on Friday 17 April 2020.
The BACO committee welcomes submissions for posters, oral presentations and instructional sessions in Head and Neck; laryngology/speech and language therapy; otology, neuro-otology and audio-vestibular medicine; paediatrics; professional standards and guidelines; research methodology; rhinology/facial plastics; student and foundation doctors in otorhinolaryngology.
- Exposure: Gain exposure for your research. BACO 2020 will attract a wide range of experts from across the specialty and around the world.
- Peer review: Peer review is a vital part of the research process. Presenting your findings at BACO will allow you to get immediate feedback from your peers in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Networking: Network with peers, colleagues and experts in ENT research from the UK and all around the world. This is the perfect forum to share your thoughts and ideas with them.
- Participate: Experience the extraordinary atmosphere that makes BACO a special event. If you have attended before, you will be aware of the sense of professional camaraderie this conference creates.
- Prizes: The opportunity to win a prize at a famous and prestigious event and stand out among a very impressive cohort of peers.
The conference will feature an ongoing display of submitted posters, with specialties rotating throughout the event to ensure a wide coverage of topics. The dedicated exhibition space covers the mezzanine floor overlooking the main conference area, where all accepted posters, reviewed by accomplished experts in their fields, will be easily accessible to delegates.
The BACO 2020 programme will provide an opportunity for a number of oral presentations, which will run in parallel with the main talks and which we anticipate will attract large audiences from among the attendees. The oral presentations offer participants a unique opportunity to share their research and discuss issues of particular interest while interacting with a uniquely well-informed audience.
BACO 2020 will host a number of exciting instructional sessions, taking place on Thursday 9 July. These sessions will typically be rooted in participants’ direct experience of surgical technique, and will run alongside our other speakers and featured talks as an integral part of our rich programme of events.
Early-bird registration opening: 13 September 2019
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 11 December 2019
Submission results communicated to authors: late February 2020
Early-bird registration deadline: 17 April 2020
BACO 2020: 8-10 July 2020